Toxic Mold Syndrome Treatment

Spread the love
Spread the love

Toxic Mold Syndrome Treatment

Even the smallest things can cause massive problems. For instance, microorganisms like viruses, bacteria, and fungi are known to trigger various diseases during inhalation. Molds are a type of fungi that can have adverse effects on humans after excessive exposure. They can actually be useful in controlled environments where experts may take advantage of their inherent characteristics without fear of harm. They are vital in the creation of some antibiotics, foods, beverages, and other products. However, they can also wreak havoc when out in the open where they aren’t wanted. Their rapid growth can cause damage to property and illness in vulnerable individuals.  You need to treat toxic mold illness and treat mold toxicity quickly.

These organisms thrive in places that are dark and damp. Inside a home, one can usually find them growing in bathrooms, kitchens, basements, and attics. Any area that has recently experienced leaks or flooding are likely to see them thrive. The spores are simply everywhere just waiting for the right conditions to grow. As long as everything is kept clean and dry, then their presence should not be an issue. If they are able to multiply rapidly due to extreme moisture, then they can set off allergic reactions and respiratory ailments. In some cases, they may even produce toxins that can be highly detrimental to humans.

Mycotoxins

It is important to note that not all kinds of toxic molds produce these toxins and cause mold poisoning. Only certain species have the capacity to do so. It’s easy to get used to the discoloration on the walls and ceiling to the point that they get ignored all the time. However, this daily exposure can slowly lead to the development of grave health issues. There are even studies that claim the onset of neurological problems due to mycotoxins. Some also assert that prolonged exposure can be fatal although this is not conclusive. Those who are allergic to mold can experience watery eyes, chronic cough, breathing difficulty, frequent sneezes, rashes, and fatigue.

Environmental conditions such as pH level and temperature affect fungal mycotoxin production. A small degree of exposure for a brief period should not be a cause for concern. Mycotoxin toxicity rarely happens even in homes with extraordinarily high levels of mold growth. This can be more of a problem in affected workplaces if employees are exposed every day to excessive amounts of the toxins. The unwanted substance can enter the body through the skin, the nose, or the mouth. It can be present on the spore and the mold substrate.

How The Body Responds

How the body responds to the entry of the toxins will vary from person to person. Other factors that will affect this include the concentration of the harmful substance and the frequency of the exposure to it. Reduced lung capacity and thyroid malfunction have been cited. There are also some reports that claim the onset of memory loss or pulmonary hemorrhage due to toxigenic molds. While these are serious, it is important not to panic as these cases are extremely rare. The link between the purported cause to the effect is also not yet fully established. Of course, it is always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to health. If toxic mold syndrome is suspected, then the patient should be taken to a doctor immediately for diagnosis and treatment.

Treatment Measures

The approach to toxic mold syndrome will differ from one individual to the next. Some things will work for a person but not another. The guidance of an experienced physician will be crucial, especially in the extreme cases. Unfortunately, not all doctors have the expertise to handle this case. Many will simply prescribe antibiotics, antifungal medications, nasal corticosteroids, or even antidepressants to combat the toxic mold symptoms. According to Dr. Joseph Mercola, these are not adequate solutions. They may even make matters worse.

He suggests alternative solutions such as cutting off the mold’s food supply, taking probiotics, consuming known antifungal food, and using various supplements. A radical dietary change that is adverse to fungi is thought to help immensely. Since fungal growth can be fueled by simple carbs, grains, and sugars, cutting all of these off or at least vastly minimizing their intake is crucial. This is thought to starve the mold that is already present inside the body. Examples of the offensive items are bread, pasta, cereal, fruits, sweets, alcohol, and milk.

Probiotics can fight mold and other unwanted microorganisms inside your gut. By taking in probiotics, the GI tract will be filled with good bacteria that will protect the body from harm. Problems will be nipped in the bud. Mercola also suggested the increased consumption of garlic, ginger, cayenne, and goldenseal for treating toxic mold syndrome. Lastly, recovery may go faster with the help of a number of supplements including Vitamin D and Omega-3 fatty acids. Of course, these can also be consumed from natural nutrient-rich food. Prevent more exposure by installing an air purification system.

Thanks for reading this short article on toxic mold treatment and mold sickness treatment.  Toxic mold exposure is no joke!